Best Places to Laugh in Los Angeles: Top Comedy Clubs and Improv Theatersby Jessica Griffiths on February 25, 2012
Life in Los Angeles moves pretty fast, that’s why it’s essential to take the night off from time to time and get in a good laugh. There are so many great comedy clubs and other places to relax, unwind and shake uncontrollably from laughter and happiness.
Here are some places where you’re likely to laugh (unless you’re in a really really bad mood and maybe then you should just stay at home):
- Upright Citizens Brigade: 5919 Franklin Avenue. Shows Monday-Sunday starting at 7pm.
- Groundlings: 7307 Melrose Avenue. Shows Monday-Sunday starting at 7:30pm.
- The Improv: 8162 Melrose Avenue. Shows Monday-Sunday starting at 5:30pm.
- Comedy Store: 8433 Sunset Boulevard. Shows Monday-Sunday starting at 8pm.
- Largo: 366 North La Cienega Boulevard.
On any given night of the week you can catch some amazing comedy here in Los Angeles. It’s just a matter of going online, finding something that looks amusing and taking the risk that it may not be… well… funny.
What’s the best comedy club you’ve been to in Los Angeles? What’s the most you’ve laughed lately? Share your stories and leave your comments below.
Photo courtesy of Laughing Squid’s Flickr